Registration for this summer will close in March 31, 2023.
Hello campers and families,
We are reaching out today with information that we hope will bring some much-needed joy to our camp community. It is with very happy hearts that we are announcing our intention to run an in-person camping program for the summer of 2023!
We are looking forward to an incredible summer as we prepare for the delivery of a very long-awaited camp experience that will be both safe and fun.
The camping season will look a little different this year, as you might have anticipated. We have compiled the following information to help guide your registration process and answer some of your most pressing questions.
We understand that you may have additional questions regarding the transition back to in-person camping. Please stay tuned for further information, which we will release over the coming months.
An overnight camp program for young adults between the ages of 19 and 36 with physical disabilities. Campers will participate in all regular camp activities, specifically tailored for young adults. This will provide campers the opportunity to mingle and connect with others of a similar age group while enjoying all the activities and amenities of camp.
- We encourage campers who are 19 years or older to consider this as their first session option. This session is exclusive to those 19-36 years of age and will not be available to campers under the age of 19.
- Campers 19-26 years of age are still welcome during our regular Gear Up sessions; however, Voyager is the only session we currently offer to those over the age of 26.
- There will be one Voyager session available at Camp Woodeden and two Voyager sessions available at Camp Merrywood. *See session dates on our Camp website on the ”Summer 2023” page.
Camp Capacity & Session Dates
At this time, Easter Seals camps will be operating at full capacity for Summer 2023. We will do our best to accommodate as many campers as possible while still maintaining a quality camping experience and providing a healthy and safe environment for everyone.
- We will be running 7-night, 8-day individual sessions to provide as many campers as possible with the opportunity to attend camp.
- Family Camp at both Merrywood and Woodeden will be 4-nights, 5-day sessions.
- To minimize camper and staff exposure to public settings, all off-property activities and sessions (out-tripping, white water rafting, day trips) are cancelled for Summer 2023. We look forward to having these much-loved activities offered in future years when it is safe to do so.
- Excursions offsite for any reason other than emergency situations weaken our ability to maintain health and safety standards. Campers, staff, volunteers, and Personal Care Attendants are asked to remain onsite for the duration of the camp session.
- Discovery Camp for ages 6-10 will be offered as a 7-night, 8-day session as opposed to a 5-night, 6-day session. This will help us maintain cohorts on-site and increase our ability to create a safe and fun space for all.
Registration for summer camping sessions will open on January 30, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. and take place on the CampBrain registration portal.
- The CampBrain registration portal is best accessed on a laptop or desktop. It is still possible to access the portal and complete registration on a cell phone or tablet, but ease of use may be impacted.
- Upon registration, your application will be held for review and approval. The green REGISTERED button that appears after application is submitted does not confirm that your camper has been approved. We understand this may cause confusion, but unfortunately, this is an unchangeable feature of the CampBrain platform. Once approved, your CampBrain profile will change from “Applicant” to “Registration Approved.”
- If you have applied for more than one session, please be sure to indicate your order of preference.
- We will approve all campers on a first-come-first-served basis for one session before approving attendance in subsequent sessions. This means that you may be approved for one session but remain on hold for additional sessions. We do this to ensure that as many campers as possible get to come to camp!
- When all sessions are full, applications waiting for approval will be waitlisted and may be approved for additional sessions as spots become available.
Rates and Fees
Total individual camper fees are $2,000 per session, which includes a $250 minimum camper fee. Thanks to the generosity of our donors and sponsors it is possible for Easter Seals Ontario to subsidize the cost of camp for campers aged 6-18 years old. Families who are financially able to contribute more to their camper fees are kindly asked to do so. This allows Easter Seals Ontario to send as many campers with physical disabilities to camp as possible.
Upon approval of your application, you will receive an invoice for the minimum camper fee of $250. The minimum camper fee of $250 is due no later than April 1, 2023. You will receive a revised invoice on or after April 1, 2023 with the remaining balance, if any. The remaining balance is due no later than June 1, 2023.
Payment of the $250 minimum camper fee will secure your spot in the session that has been approved. If the minimum camper fee is not paid by April 1, 2023, we cannot guarantee that your spot will be held.
Those who are approved for Family Camp will be issued an invoice and are asked to provide a deposit of 50% of the total fees for the Family Camp session by April 1, 2023. This will secure the approved spot and an updated invoice will be provided showing the remaining balance to be paid by June 1, 2023.
Campers intending to apply for Passport or other third-party funding can request a full invoice in advance of April 1, 2023 to support their funding application.
Children and youth who are 18 and under as of July 1, 2023
Are eligible for subsidy from Easter Seals Ontario to cover all or part of the camper fees for one session per summer, excluding a minimum camper fee of $250. For each subsequent session, the full camper fee of $2,000 applies.
Youth who are 19+ as of July 1, 2023
- Are not eligible for subsidy and the camper fees of $2,000 apply to each session attended.
Family Camp Rate
The rate for Family Camp is a minimum of $125 per person for the session.
Camper Fee Chart 2023
|6-18||$2,000 per session, subsidy available for one session per summer
$2,000 per additional session
|19 and over||$2,000 per session (7 nights, 8 days)|
|Voyager 19 to 36||$1,800 per session (5 nights, 6 days)|
|Family Camp||$125 per person per session|
Installment plans available upon request. Balances on installment plans must be resolved no later than June 1, 2023.
Family Camp General Information
We are requesting that families bring household members only with a maximum of two adults. Single-parent families may bring one extra adult from outside the household to assist with care.
Easter Seals Ontario prioritizes the health and safety of campers, staff, and volunteers above all else. We recognize that many families are feeling unsure about the safety of group settings and shared activity spaces. Easter Seals Ontario has, and continues to, consult with professionals about best practices for summer camp safety as it relates to COVID-19 and all communicable diseases. We will do everything in our power to ensure a safe, healthy, and fun summer for all.
Easter Seals Ontario follows the guidance of Public Health Ontario in implementing best practices and effective protocols for preventing the spread of illness. We will implement any and all COVID-19 protocols required by Public Health at the time of our sessions. We are unable to predict exactly what will be implemented at the time of your session, as public guidance is subject to change without notice. Please be aware that some or all of the following may be in place during camp:
- Physical distancing
- Hand hygiene
- Daily temperature checks
- Contact tracing
Arrival/departure processes may look different for Summer 2023. We will have more details closer to the start of camp regarding arrival/departure and day-to-day camp protocols. Please check the website as camp draws nearer for the most up to date information.
Easter Seals Ontario requires all individuals accessing camp property (campers, guardians, PCAs, staff, volunteers, etc.) to be vaccinated.
In the event of a cancellation of a camp session by Easter Seals due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a full refund will be issued using the original payment method.
- In the event of a cancellation by the family before May 17, 2023, a refund will be issued, less a $20 administration fee. No refunds will be issued after May 17, 2023 unless the cancellation is due to a medical concern.
- In the event of a cancellation by the family for a medical reason (illness, injury, hospitalization, COVID-19 symptoms, exposure, or positive test), a full refund will be issued up to and including the first day of the session, less a $20 administration fee.
We can’t wait to see you this summer!
The Easter Seals Ontario Recreation Team