Easter Seals Ontario is pleased to offer Virtual Camp for 2021!
Easter Seals Virtual Camp will be back in 2021! We are excited to host a March Break Camp for all Easter Seals Ontario registered clients! More details coming soon!
Virtual Camp has now ended for 2020! Thank you to all who participated, and we hope you had fun! The website has been archived, so you can still head over to CampEasterSeals.org to view previous activities with your log-in!
What is Virtual Camp?
E-ASTER SEALS Virtual Camp is a mixture of live and pre-recorded/posted material, to allow campers and families to participate when most convenient for them.
- Live virtual campfire (Sunday evenings) and end-of-session gathering (Friday evenings). These events will also be recorded and posted for later viewing.
- One activity in each of six program areas (Arts & Crafts, Music & Drama, Sports & Games, Outdoor Adventure, Science, Life Skills) will be posted on Monday mornings, for campers to pick and choose activities to do at-home at their convenience.
- We aim to minimize the need for lots of supplies, and offer programs that complement activities campers are already doing at home.
- Campers will be able to share and socially engage on the online platform with peers.
- Morning “Flagpole” video—greeting from staff, riddle of the day, quote of the day, etc. This will be posted for viewing at any time.
- Weekly virtual camp “guests” — speakers, musicians, athletes — to join in social interaction with campers.
- We will also be offering our Leaders-in-Training program through the online platform. This will be an 8-week program, offering leadership and life skills training to interested campers, ages 17 and up. The LIT program will include group work and small assignments, tasks, or projects throughout the summer. Campers who register for the LIT program can also register for and will have access to the regular Virtual Camp program.
Who is Eligible?
All children registered with Easter Seals Ontario (previously registered for camp or not), and youth, aged 19+, previously registered for camp.
Children and youth registered for the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program (Diaper Grant) are not eligible for Easter Seals Camps unless they are also registered with Easter Seals Ontario for Equipment and Camping Services. If you’re unsure, please contact the office and we’d be happy to help!
When does Camp Run?
7 weekly sessions, starting July 5th. Once registered, campers have access for the full summer.
How to Register?
Register online, free-of-charge. You will receive a reference code for access to the virtual camp website, closer to the start date.
We understand that families have other commitments or schedules to accommodate, so our intention is to make virtual camp as BURDEN-FREE as possible. There is NO MINIMUM COMMITMENT for participation, and campers and families are welcome to join in as little or as much as they would like. Ultimately we’re hoping to provide campers a means of STAYING CONNECTED to each other and to camp, through a VARIETY of OPTIONAL activities