Easter Seals Ontario is pleased to offer Remote Camp for 2021!
Despite the province-wide lockdown, Easter Seals campers were able to gather remotely over the April school break, to engage with each other and participate in camp activities through Camp E-aster Seals. The week kicked off with a Sunday evening campfire, followed by a week of theme days, cabin challenges, at-home activities, social hangouts, and special guests. Campers showed off their funniest socks, their craziest hats, and donned their favourite sports jerseys, while making music videos, building bird feeders, playing balloon badminton, baking muffins, and more! They gathered on Zoom for trivia sessions, story time, yoga, boccia, karate, virtual animal visits, and a session with YouTubers “Squirmy & Grubs”. The week concluded with a banquet celebration, looking back on the week of memories, and looking ahead to an action-packed summer of remote camp. Registration will open in June for Camp E-aster Seals summer sessions, so stay tuned for more details!
Find out more what Camp E-aster Seals is all about at CampEasterSeals.org.
Check out the music video our campers created during Spring Break Camp, highlighting the fun we had during the week!
What is Virtual Camp?
E-ASTER SEALS Virtual Camp is a mixture of live and pre-recorded/posted material, to allow campers and families to participate when most convenient for them.
- Live virtual campfire (Sunday evenings) and end-of-session gathering (Friday evenings). These events will also be recorded and posted for later viewing.
- One activity in each of six program areas (Arts & Crafts, Music & Drama, Sports & Games, Outdoor Adventure, Science, Life Skills) will be posted on Monday mornings, for campers to pick and choose activities to do at-home at their convenience.
- We aim to minimize the need for lots of supplies, and offer programs that complement activities campers are already doing at home.
- Campers will be able to share and socially engage on the online platform with peers.
- Morning “Flagpole” video—greeting from staff, riddle of the day, quote of the day, etc. This will be posted for viewing at any time.
- Weekly virtual camp “guests” — speakers, musicians, athletes — to join in social interaction with campers.
- We will also be offering our Leaders-in-Training program through the online platform. This will be an 8-week program, offering leadership and life skills training to interested campers, ages 17 and up. The LIT program will include group work and small assignments, tasks, or projects throughout the summer. Campers who register for the LIT program can also register for and will have access to the regular Virtual Camp program.
Who is Eligible?
All children registered with Easter Seals Ontario (previously registered for camp or not), and youth, aged 19+, previously registered for camp.
Children and youth registered for the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program (Diaper Grant) are not eligible for Easter Seals Camps unless they are also registered with Easter Seals Ontario for Equipment and Camping Services. If you’re unsure, please contact the office and we’d be happy to help!
When does Camp Run?
7 weekly sessions, starting July 4th. Once registered, campers have access for the full summer.
How to Register?
Apply online here: https://eastersealsontario.campbrainregistration.com/
We understand that families have other commitments or schedules to accommodate, so our intention is to make virtual camp as BURDEN-FREE as possible. There is NO MINIMUM COMMITMENT for participation, and campers and families are welcome to join in as little or as much as they would like. Ultimately we’re hoping to provide campers a means of STAYING CONNECTED to each other and to camp, through a VARIETY of OPTIONAL activities