Escape to camp… FROM HOME!
Easter Seals Ontario is excited to announce the return of Camp E-aster Seals, our unique remote camp experience, for the summer of 2021!
The remote summer program will feature eight week-long sessions, starting July 4th. When a camper registers for our Virtual Camp, they gain access to the Virtual Campsite, which includes:
- Camp Programs – Two new programs each day, with an instructional video and easy-to-follow instructions. Each program falls under one of the following categories: Arts & Crafts, Science, Music & Drama, Sports & Games, Life Skills, and Adventure.
- Live Events – Access to two Live Events each day. Our Live Events are Zoom calls where we play games, chat, do an activity togethers, and host special events. This summer, some of our live events will include Micah Fowler from ABC’s hit show ‘Speechless’, live guided tours of the Toronto Zoo and Ripley’s Aquarium, weekly karate sessions, bi-weekly adapted yoga classes, and much more.
- The Lodge – Access to The Lodge, a social forum on the Virtual Campsite that allows campers to discuss programs and activities, ask questions, and make new friends.
- Daily Flagpole – This is our morning roundup, where we make announcements about programs and events happening that day and set the stage for a fun day of camp. These videos are important in our community-building, and our campers look forward to starting their days with these videos!
- Camp Badges – New for Summer 2021, a digital badging program. Campers will have the opportunity to earn and collect digital badges for tasks completed and goals achieved. These badges incentivize skill development and take a community-based approach to celebrating accomplishments.
Unsure whether Camp E-aster Seals remote camp is the right fit for you? New campers are welcome to register for a free trial week, June 27th to July 3rd. This will give campers and families a taste of the full camp experience, from which we hope you choose to register and stay with us for the summer!
Offline Program Option
For campers who face barriers to online participation, we encourage registration in our camp-at-home offline program. These campers will receive a printed booklet of camp programs they can do at home, along with some of the necessary materials. A camp staff will make the effort to connect with offline campers throughout the summer, and campers will be encouraged to share about their at-home camp experience.
New Pen Pal Program
Camp E-aster Seals is happy to announce our new Pen Pal program as a part of this summer’s remote camping program. When a family opts into our Pen Pal program, they agree to allow the Camp E-aster Seals team to share their name, home address and email address with another Easter Seals family. The Camp E-aster Seals team will match campers who wish to participate with another camper of a similar age.
The Leaders-In-Training (LIT) program will provide youth, ages 17 and up, with the necessary skills to be an effective leader in their community. Through participation in group activities focused on leadership, communication, and teamwork, participants gain a valuable experience. All LIT participants will have access to the regular Virtual Camp program.
Registration is now open! Visit campeasterseals.org/registration for eligibility criteria, including eligibility for siblings and friends of Easter Seals clients. On this page, you will also find a step-by-step guide to the registration process, as well as the registration link.
Campers can register for individual weekly sessions, or receive a discounted rate for full summer registration. Campers who register for the full summer option by June 24th at 3pm will have access to an extra pre-camp week, starting June 27th, free-of-charge.
If you have any questions about remote camp, please feel free to contact the team at email@example.com.