Easter Seals Ontario is pleased to offer Remote Camp for 2021!
Registration is now underway for our Spring Break Camp, to be offered both virtually and offline. Camp E-aster Seals returns for a seven-day camp session, from April 11th to 17th.
If you’re looking for some fun activities to do at home during the school break, we have you covered! Registered campers will be invited to participate in daily program activities, enjoy special guest sessions, and socialize with their fellow campers. As with all Camp E-aster Seals programming, campers are invited to participate as much or as little as they would like. Any live session will be recorded for later viewing for those who cannot attend the live event, and camp programs will be available to campers throughout the spring.
Find out more what Camp E-aster Seals is all about at CampEasterSeals.org.
For the first time ever, Camp E-aster Seals is also offering an at-home offline program, for campers who are unable to participate in the virtual edition. Materials and resources for the Spring Break Camp will be physically delivered to campers registered in the offline program. To learn more or to register for the offline program, please contact Camp Director, Kate, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (613-267-1244).
To register for the virtual program, login to your CampBrain account, select the Remote Spring Break Camp option, and complete the online waiver for participation. If you have not yet created a CampBrain profile, you will first need to do so.
What is Virtual Camp?
E-ASTER SEALS Virtual Camp is a mixture of live and pre-recorded/posted material, to allow campers and families to participate when most convenient for them.
- Live virtual campfire (Sunday evenings) and end-of-session gathering (Friday evenings). These events will also be recorded and posted for later viewing.
- One activity in each of six program areas (Arts & Crafts, Music & Drama, Sports & Games, Outdoor Adventure, Science, Life Skills) will be posted on Monday mornings, for campers to pick and choose activities to do at-home at their convenience.
- We aim to minimize the need for lots of supplies, and offer programs that complement activities campers are already doing at home.
- Campers will be able to share and socially engage on the online platform with peers.
- Morning “Flagpole” video—greeting from staff, riddle of the day, quote of the day, etc. This will be posted for viewing at any time.
- Weekly virtual camp “guests” — speakers, musicians, athletes — to join in social interaction with campers.
- We will also be offering our Leaders-in-Training program through the online platform. This will be an 8-week program, offering leadership and life skills training to interested campers, ages 17 and up. The LIT program will include group work and small assignments, tasks, or projects throughout the summer. Campers who register for the LIT program can also register for and will have access to the regular Virtual Camp program.
Who is Eligible?
All children registered with Easter Seals Ontario (previously registered for camp or not), and youth, aged 19+, previously registered for camp.
Children and youth registered for the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program (Diaper Grant) are not eligible for Easter Seals Camps unless they are also registered with Easter Seals Ontario for Equipment and Camping Services. If you’re unsure, please contact the office and we’d be happy to help!
When does Camp Run?
7 weekly sessions, starting July 4th. Once registered, campers have access for the full summer.
How to Register?
Register online, free-of-charge. You will receive a reference code for access to the virtual camp website, closer to the start date.
We understand that families have other commitments or schedules to accommodate, so our intention is to make virtual camp as BURDEN-FREE as possible. There is NO MINIMUM COMMITMENT for participation, and campers and families are welcome to join in as little or as much as they would like. Ultimately we’re hoping to provide campers a means of STAYING CONNECTED to each other and to camp, through a VARIETY of OPTIONAL activities