Number of Positions: 4
Reports To: Virtual Camp Director
Locations: Remote, Canadian applicants only
January 1, 2023 – March 10, 2023 – 5-10/hrs week
March 11, 2023 – March 19, 2023 – 20-25/hrs week
At Easter Seals Ontario, we provide overnight camping opportunities for kids and young adults with physical disabilities. Each summer we welcome staff from all over the world and pride ourselves on providing an awesome pre-camp training, so our staff are equipped with all the skills they need to give our campers a great experience. Our camps make many traditional summer camp activities accessible and inclusive, such as swimming, boating, archery, high ropes, and more! Check out our website to learn more about our locations in Perth, Ontario and London, Ontario.
Reporting to the Virtual Camp Director, Virtual Counsellors are responsible for creating and hosting high quality programs for our Virtual Campsite. This includes recorded content, live events, discussion management, feed postings, and engaging directly with virtual campers during our March Break Virtual Camp. Virtual Counsellors will be assigned an online Cabin Group during the March Break camp and will support campers in accessing programs and participating in activities. The Virtual Camp team will spend January, February, and early March creating, uploading, scheduling, and preparing all aspects of the March Break Virtual Camp.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop, implement, and facilitate virtual camping programs across a wide array of program areas for children and youth with disabilities.
- Manage program scheduling and provide program schedules and content in advance of release dates.
- Engage with and monitor an assigned virtual cabin group during March Break Virtual Camp, ensuring all campers are included and interactions between campers remain appropriate. This includes close monitoring for any sign of bullying or exclusion.
- Film and upload camp related programs to the in-house Virtual Campsite.
- Interact meaningfully with campers during live sessions, guiding and engaging in group discussions, games, activities, and events.
- Working as a team, meet firm deadlines for content creation and schedule release.
- May use onsite resources if located in the London, ON or Perth, ON area.
Minimum age: 18 years old
- Reliable internet access and appropriate software to film, edit, and upload recorded content.
- Experience working with kids and young adults with disabilities, or wiliness to learn best practices in this area.
- Able to attend regular virtual meetings with Virtual Camp team via zoom.
- Strong communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, comfortable creating content and hosting online events, excellent at working with a team.
- Familiarity with WordPress websites an asset, but not required.
- Hours flexible Jan 1 – March 10, March 11 – 17 will be more structured and require increased time commitment.
Easter Seals Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Easter Seals Ontario fosters an environment of inclusivity, empowerment, and safety for participants and staff alike. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws of Ontario.