Virtual Camp Director
Number of Positions: 1
Reports To: Senior Manager of Recreation and Facilities
Locations: Remote, Canadian applicants only
Jan 1, 2023 – March 10, 2023 – 10-15/hrs week
March 11, 2023 – March 19, 2023 – 30-40/hrs week
At Easter Seals Ontario, we provide overnight camping opportunities for kids and young adults with physical disabilities. Each summer we welcome staff from all over the world and pride ourselves on providing an awesome pre-camp training, so our staff are equipped with all the skills they need to give our campers a great experience. Our camps make many traditional summer camp activities accessible and inclusive, such as swimming, boating, archery, high ropes, and more! Check out our website to learn more about our locations in Perth, Ontario and London, Ontario.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Recreation and Facilities, the Virtual Camp Director is responsible for the planning, creation, and delivery of a March Break Virtual camp hosted on our in-house Virtual Campsite. Overseeing a team of 3-5 the Virtual Camp director will guide the creative process of generating camp appropriate content, assign and track deliverables for the team, meet concrete deadlines, design and implement the March Break schedule, assist registrants with accessing the Virtual Campsite programs and activities, manage online cabin groups during session, and meet regularly with the Senior Manager to provide progress updates.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Ability to effectively manage a small team, including scheduling, assigning work, tracking deliverables, and providing timely feedback in an entirely remote setting.
- Demonstrated experience, ideally two or more years, of planning and executing programs for youth, either in-person or online.
- Ability and eagerness to generate program activity content, engage directly with camper participants, and support the registration and Virtual Campsite navigation process.
- Capable of leading a team in identifying, planning, and creating content that is engaging, accessible, and meets the high standards of quality that our virtual camp families have come to expect.
- Comfortable and confident using Office 365 Suite, Zoom, Teams, and recording and editing software.
- Demonstrated experience communicating to identify support needs, seek feedback, and ensure programming is meeting expectations.
- Is a passionate advocate of inclusion, accessibility, and equality, ideally with experience meeting the needs of people with physical disabilities.
Minimum age: 18 years old
- Reliable internet access and appropriate software to film, edit, and upload recorded content.
- Experience working with kids and young adults with disabilities, and willingness to model best practices in this area.
- Able to host regular virtual meetings with Virtual Camp team via zoom.
- Strong communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, comfortable creating content and hosting online events, excellent at working with a team.
- Familiarity with WordPress websites an asset, but not required.
- Hours flexible Jan 1 – March 10, March 11 – 17 will be more structured and require increased time commitment.
Easter Seals Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Easter Seals Ontario fosters an environment of inclusivity, empowerment, and safety for participants and staff alike. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory ability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws of Ontario.
Please note: The approximate time the application will take to fill out is 20-30 minutes, you will be required to submit a resume at the end of the application. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not be hesitant to email Katrina, Recreational Administrator at email@example.com.