Summer 2016 Staff and Volunteer Applications are now available to download here.
Cabin Leader $65/day
Peer Support Counsellor (MWC) $50/day – opportunity for former campers to obtain valuable work experience
- Potential Peer Support Counsellors must have a minimum one-year break between being a camper/LIT and applying for the Peer Support Counsellor position.
- Each cabin team will be made up of one Cabin Leader and 3 – 5 Counsellors (staff/camper ratio is 1:2). Cabin Leaders are responsible for team leadership in a cabin and the performance reviews of the cabin staff.
- All cabin staff are responsible for camper care including activities of daily living such as bathing, showering, toileting, hair care, dressing and feeding; and facilitating participation in camp activities.
- Cabin Leaders live in the staff area of the camper cabin. Counsellors may live in staff quarters outside the cabin.
- For more information on the Peer Support Counsellor position, please click here.
High Ropes Course Specialist $70/day – with appropriate certification (WEC)
Lifeguards $70/day – Lifeguard, with NLS
Program Staff are responsible for:
- developing, implementing and evaluating specialized programs to meet the needs and abilities of campers.
- the daily instructional aspect of the program area.
- camper care including activities of daily living such as bathing, showering, toileting, hair care, dressing, feeding under the direction of the Cabin Leader.
- Required to have experience in the specific program area and where applicable, have appropriate certification.
- Work as a member of the leadership team responsible with the Camp Director for overall camp operations.
- Individually responsible for one of the following areas: cabin staff, program or waterfront (one team member is designated as the Assistant Director based on experience and skills).
- Experienced camp leaders with post-secondary education and advanced training/experience in the specific area of responsibility they have applied for.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in risk management, customer service, program planning, problem solving, goal-setting, feedback and performance reviews with employees, teamwork and team development, and working with children/teens with physical disabilities.
Responsible for managing the camp office.
Have previous office experience, excellent communication, organizational and computer skills.
Health Care Staff
Charge Nurse Competitive salaries for employment and training.
RN, RPN, Grad Nurse, Nursing Student (entering their final year)
- Be a Registered Nurse or a Registered Practical Nurse who has a current Certificate of Competence from the Ontario College of Nurses, or be a Graduate Nurse from an accredited Ontario nursing program. Easter Seals Ontario will assist in obtaining a temporary license.
- Responsible for the health care of all campers and staff.
- Have recent pediatric experience and a common sense approach in a variety of environments.
- Able to work within a team, with a designated experienced Charge Nurse who provides guidance and leadership.
Drivers – $60/day (live-in) $14/hour (live out)
- Responsible for the safe operation of camp vehicle(s) that transport campers and staff to overnights, local medical appointments, etc.
- Co-ordinate the mail pick-up, local purchasing, etc.
- Require a valid “F” class license (or comparable) and a good driving record (cost sharing for training may be available).
- Negotiate with the Camp Director regarding the requirement to live at camp.
Please contact GB Catering at http://www.gb.on.ca or call 1-800-461-5813
- Enhance the existing program by offering additional or enhanced programs and activities, or assist cabin staff with general cabin tasks.
- Negotiate with the Camp Director regarding length of stay at camp.
Download Applications here.