2015 Applications will be available to download here, as of Monday, January 5, 2015.
The maximum amount funded by the Recreational Choices Funding Program is $250 per child, per year. Funding is based on money being available at the time the request is received. In addition, funds granted from this program will be designated for alternate summer camping and recreational programs only.
To apply, please send in a completed application form. Once approved, Easter Seals will send you an acceptance letter along with an ‘Attendance Verification Form’. Families are required to submit a receipt of payment from the qualifying organization as well as a completed ‘Attendance Verification Form’ before Easter Seals will release any funds.
Funding for family vacations (i.e. hotel stays, cottage rentals, etc.) is not available through the Recreational Choices Funding Program.
Easter Seals Recreational Choices Funding Program provides children and youth with the opportunity to participate in alternative recreational summer programs. This program is available for children and youth registered with Easter Seals Ontario who are between 5-18 years old as of July 1, 2015 and are not attending an Easter Seals camp or are a Crown Ward. Up to $250 Canadian is available per child for a recreational experience within Ontario. Examples of recreational experiences include day camp, swimming lessons, therapeutic horseback riding, music lessons or art classes.
Parents must apply for separate funding for each child who has a physical disability and wishes to participate in a recreational summer program. Funding must be used within the summer recreation season from July 1 to September 1, 2015.
Recreational Choices Funding does NOT cover:
- Transportation costs to and from the recreational program
- Babysitting services or 1:1 workers (i.e. Reach for the Rainbow, babysitter, caregiver, therapist, etc)
- merchandise, activity clothing/equipment, meals, etc.
- annual memberships
- family vacations (hotel stays, cottage rentals, etc.)
- programs that have already been fully funded by another organization (if only partial funding was received from an alternate source, you may still submit receipts for the leftover portion).
Download 2015 Recreational Choices Funding Program Applications here.