Individual Camp promotes independence, teaches new skills, enhances a camper’s self-esteem and builds friendships. Programs offered include swimming, sports & games, music & drama, arts & crafts, life skills, environmental studies and leadership skills.
Summer 2018 Applications will be available to download here, on January 9, 2018.
2018 Session Dates:
*last updated June 11, 2018 – 2:30PM
MERRYWOOD CAMP (PERTH, ONTARIO):
Explorers – ages 8-12, 10-days @ $2,000
- ME1 (10-days): July 1-11, 2018 [FULL]
- ME2 (10-days): July 15-25, 2018 [FULL]
- ME3 (10-days): July 29-Aug 8, 2018 [FULL]
Pathfinders – ages 13-18, 10-days @ $2000, 7-days @ $1400
- MP1 (10-days): July 1-11, 2018 [FULL]
- MP2 (10-days): July 15-25, 2018 [FULL]
- MP3 (10-days): July 29-Aug 8, 2018 [FULL]
- MP4 (7-days): Aug 11-18, 2018 [7 GIRL/4 BOY SPOT AVAILABLE]
WOODEDEN (LONDON, ONTARIO):
Explorers – ages 8-12, 10-days @ $2,000
- WE1 (10-days): July 1-11, 2018 [FULL]
- WE2 (10-days): July 15-25, 2018 [FULL]
Pathfinders – ages 13-18, 10-days @ $2000, 5-days @ $1000
- WP1 (10-days): July 1-11, 2018 [FULL]
- WP2 (10-days): July 15-25, 2018 [FULL]
- WP3* (5-days): July 28-Aug 2, 2018 [2 GIRLS/2 BOYS SPOTS AVAILABLE]
*WP3 is a new session and not listed on the application. If interested in this session please write the code WP3 on your application.
The full cost of Easter Seals Individual Camp sessions for Explorers and Pathfinders varies on session length – $2,000 for a 10-day session and $1000 for a 5-day session ..*Funding is available for campers who will be 18 and under as of July 1st and are not a Crown Ward of the government – please scroll down for more details.
- A 10-day overnight program at fully accessible camp for children and youth between the ages of 8 – 18 years (as of July 1st of the program year) – New in 2017: A 5-day version of our Pathfinder Camp will be offered at both Merrywood and Woodeden Camp
- A camper to staff ratio of 2:1 to ensure that your child is well looked after
- Specially trained Easter Seals camp staff facilitate summer camp programs for children and youth at two fully accessible overnight camps in Ontario.
- A well-equipped health facility that is staffed by registered nurses
- Flexibility: campers choose the activities they want to participate in, so they can try everything or focus on their favourite activities
- A wide range of programs including: swimming, sports & games, archery, arts and crafts, life skills, environmental studies, leadership skills, overnight trips, sailing, camp fires and much, much more.
- Campers under the age of 19 years as of July 1 (of the camping year) and who are not a Crown Ward, are eligible to receive funding from Easter Seals Ontario. Families are asked to pay what they can, with a minimum payment of $225. The remainder will be funded by our generous donors
Special programs are offered at each camp:Easter Seals Camp Merrywood – canoeing, kayaking, extended out-trips, sailing
Easter Seals Camp Woodeden – sledge hockey, wheelchair basketball, rock climbing and a fully accessible high ropes courseIndividual Camp Eligibility:
- Between the ages of 8-18 years as of July 1 (of the program year)
- Registered with Easter Seals Ontario (Please note that the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program is a separate registry)
- Meet the criteria for participation in Easter Seals residential camps (please see our “General Information / FAQ” page for more information).
A Typical day for Individual CampFor more information, contact the Easter Seals Recreation Co-ordinator at 416.421.8377 or 1.800.668.6252 ext. 325 or email@example.com.Please note:
Easter Seals camps are thrilled to offer exciting non-traditional camp programs. Please be aware however, that for safety reasons, specific criteria exists for participation in: out-trips and high ropes activities. Not all campers are well-suited for these activities.ApplicationsDownload Camp Applications here.
|9:00 am||Activity Period #1|
|10:00 am||Juice Break|
|10:15 am||Activity Period #2|
|1:00 pm||Hang Time|
|2:45 pm||Activity Period #3|
|3:45 pm||Juice Break|
|4:30 pm||Activity Period #4|
|7:00 pm||Evening Activity|
|8:30 pm||Snack & Bedtime for younger campers|
|8:45 pm||Senior Evening Program|