Summer 2017 Applications will be available to download here, on January 10, 2017.
2017 Session Dates:
#G = # of girl spots remaining, #B = # of boy spots remaining.
Last updated 12:30PM on Jan 23, 2017
|Merrywood||Explorers||8-12||10 day||$2000||Jul 2-12, 2017||ME1||8G / 7B|
|Jul 16-26, 2017||ME2||5G / 4B|
|Jul 30-Aug 9, 2017||ME3||7G / 3B|
|Merrywood||Pathfinders||13-18||10 day||$2000||Jul 2-12, 2017||MP1||8G / 7B|
|Jul 16-26, 2017||MP2||5G / 4B|
|Jul 30-Aug 9, 2017||MP3||7G / 3B|
|Merrywood||Pathfinders||13-18||5 day||$1000||Aug 12-17, 2017||MP4||12G / 10B|
|Woodeden||Explorers||8-12||10 day||$2000||Jul 2-12, 2017||WE1||11G / 12B|
|Jul 16-26, 2017||WE2||13G / 16B|
|Woodeden||Pathfinders||13-18||10 day||$2000||Jul 2-12, 2017||WP1||11G / 12B|
|Jul 16-26, 2017||WP2||13G / 16B|
|Woodeden||Pathfinders||13-18||5 day||$1000||Jul 29-Aug 3, 2017||WP3||6G / 12B|
The full cost of Easter Seals Individual Camp sessions for Explorers and Pathfinders varies on session length – $2,000 for a 10-day session and $1000 for a 5-day session .
*Funding is available for campers who will be 18 and under as of July 1st and are not a Crown Ward of the government – please scroll down for more details.
- A 10-day overnight program at fully accessible camp for children and youth between the ages of 8 – 18 years (as of July 1st of the program year) – New in 2017: A 5-day version of our Pathfinder Camp will be offered at both Merrywood and Woodeden Camp
- A camper to staff ratio of 2:1 to ensure that your child is well looked after
- Specially trained Easter Seals camp staff facilitate summer camp programs for children and youth at two fully accessible overnight camps in Ontario.
- A well-equipped health facility that is staffed by registered nurses
- Flexibility: campers choose the activities they want to participate in, so they can try everything or focus on their favourite activities
- A wide range of programs including: swimming, sports & games, archery, arts and crafts, life skills, environmental studies, leadership skills, overnight trips, sailing, camp fires and much, much more.
- Campers under the age of 19 years as of July 1 (of the camping year) and who are not a Crown Ward, are eligible to receive funding from Easter Seals Ontario. Families are asked to pay what they can, with a minimum payment of $175. The remainder will be funded by our generous donors
Special programs are offered at each camp:
Easter Seals Camp Merrywood – canoeing, kayaking, extended out-trips, sailing
Easter Seals Camp Woodeden – sledge hockey, wheelchair basketball, rock climbing and a fully accessible high ropes course
- Between the ages of 8-18 years as of July 1 (of the program year)
- Registered with Easter Seals Ontario (Please note that the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program is a separate registry)
- Meet the criteria for participation in Easter Seals residential camps (please see our “General Information / FAQ” page for more information).
A Typical day
|9:00 am||Activity Period #1|
|10:00 am||Juice Break|
|10:15 am||Activity Period #2|
|1:00 pm||Hang Time|
|2:45 pm||Activity Period #3|
|3:45 pm||Juice Break|
|4:30 pm||Activity Period #4|
|7:00 pm||Evening Activity|
|8:30 pm||Snack & Bedtime for younger campers|
|8:45 pm||Senior Evening Program|
For more information, contact the Easter Seals Recreation Co-ordinator at 416.421.8377 or 1.800.668.6252 ext. 325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easter Seals camps are thrilled to offer exciting non-traditional camp programs. Please be aware however, that for safety reasons, specific criteria exists for participation in: out-trips and high ropes activities. Not all campers are well-suited for these activities.
Download Camp Applications here.